Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome to the 2013 CSA Season

 
The CSA index is full of recipe ideas, the camera is ready to photograph veggies and completed dishes, essential CSA tools are ready (salad spinner, ice cube trays, pick up bags), and my family is ready to try new foods!
 
Weekly I will post what we got in the CSA shares and several ideas for how to enjoy those items.  If we get something unusual or a new variety I will share information on that item.  I will also include any relevant notes on topics like immediate storage, long term preservation, menu planning, and useful techniques.
 
I would like to run “Readers Suggest” posts as often as possible.  If you found a great recipe or idea please send me a link in the comments or email me at purplecook8@gmail.com
 
As each week progresses I will share with you what recipes were a success, suggestions I have to improve on recipes I’ve tried, and how I’m keeping up with my CSA (freezing, making stock – whatever it takes). 
 
You can like The Purple Cook on Facebook.
You can have an email subscription to the blog.  Sign up at www.purplecook.blogspot.com
You can follow me on Twitter @PurpleCookBlog
 
Enjoy the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment