Thursday, June 20, 2013

Keeping up with the CSA Weeks One and Two of 2013

I used to split my CSA share.  Since having a whole share I try to find something each week to store for winter.  I spent some time yesterday freezing items from Weeks One and Two.
 
Two Bunches of Kale (one from each week)
I made a double batch of Sausage and Kale Soup.
 
Radish and Turnip Greens (Tops)
I made a batch of Braised Greens to freeze in individual servings for my lunches.  Defrost these and put them over pasta, my favorite lunch.
 
Herbs
I froze some of each CSA herb: Basil, Cilantro, and Parsley using a method for Freezing Herbs I shared on the blog about a year ago. 
 
Zucchini and Summer Squash
I shredded and froze these.  They defrost nicely to be added to soups and quick breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment