Thursday, June 20, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Spiced Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice


Tuesday Menu – Spiced Chicken Thighs, Garlicky Rice, Salad
Farm Share Food – Garlic Scapes, Parsley, Scallions, Salad Mix
 
My husband’s enjoyment of this meal saved this blog post.  I burned the chicken, I didn’t like the rice, and I made a not so great salad dressing.  After dinner I remarked that this recipe was a bust for the blog.  My husband was shocked  - he loved dinner (okay, not the salad dressing).  I asked him to describe what he liked, especially the rice.  He loved the crunch of the garlic scapes in the rice and he thought it had great flavor.  I didn’t enjoy it because I found it dry, which I think could easily be fixed by decreasing the cooking time.
 
So I guess it’s worth sharing...here is the link for SpicedChicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment