Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Summer Squash and Ricotta Galette


Monday Menu - Summer Squash and Ricotta Galette, Salad
Farm Share Food – Summer Squash, Zucchini, Garlic Scapes, Basil, Head Lettuce, Scallions
 
Some recipes I post are great for weeknight meals, and some recipes are winners.  This galette is a WINNER!
 
Summer Squash and Ricotta Galette

 
I took several shortcuts to make this recipe an easy Meatless Monday dinner.  I used a store bought crust, the recipe calls for a homemade crust.  The recipe has you toss the Zucchini and Squash with garlic and olive oil.  In a separate bowl the recipe mixes the cheeses, egg, and spices.  They then have you arrange the Zucchini and Squash slices neatly.  I just mixed these two mixtures together and piled it in the middle of the pie crust.  Worked great!
 
I used the two garlic scapes in place of the minced garlic cloves.
 
Enjoy this winner of a dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment