Saturday, June 29, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Roasted Kale Salad

Okay...the actual name of this recipe is Grilled Chicken with Roasted Kale but the true star is the Roasted Kale Salad.  As I started to prepare dinner I wasn’t too sure about it.  You roast baby potatoes and the kale.  Then make a salad of greens, tomatoes, parmesan, lemon juice and olive oil.  Then you toss the potatoes and kale into the fresh salad.  It was delicious!  The roasted kale gives a regular side salad a deep Umami flavor.  I didn’t follow the chicken directions for this recipe (boring); I just made my own chicken thighs. 


 
Friday Menu – Roasted Chicken Thighs, Roasted Kale Salad
Farm Share Food – Kale, Garlic Scapes, Salad Mix
 
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Kale
 
I’m often perplexed about what to do with Kale when we get it so early in the season.  I think of Kale as an ingredient in heavy soups for the fall.  This salad is the perfect  way to use Kale for a refreshing summer salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment