Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crazy Chicken Marinade and Salad

Tuesday afternoon is CSA pick up time!  This is the fifth year we’ve had a CSA share.  In all that time during CSA season we usually have grilled chicken with a great, big salad on Tuesday night for dinner.  As I’m putting away the CSA share I reserve small amounts of anything that might add to a salad.  It gives us a chance to taste everything that just came through the door that looks so fresh and smells so good.
 
Tuesday Menu – Crazy Marinated Chicken, Salad, Garlic Bread
Farm Share Food – Radishes, Salad Mix, Salanova Head Lettuce, Scallion, Cilantro
 
I wanted to start sharing some of the Marinades I use for Grilled Chicken and Salad Tuesdays.
 
Crazy Chicken Marinade
 
This marinade needs about 1.5 hours on the chicken.  It has a southwestern flare, but not too spicy.  Yesterday was a first try and I’ll use it again.  It was also a kid success because my youngest gobbled down his share without any ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment