Thursday, July 15, 2010

Freezing Herbs

Sometime I can’t get through the fresh herbs fast enough. We get at least one fresh herb each week in our CSA, sometimes 3. We also have them growing in our garden and it gets to a point where they need to be used. Freezing herbs is a wonderful way to save them. I love having the bags of fresh herbs in the freezer all winter! Here is what I do.

I chop the herbs and then shove them into the sections of an ice cube tray and pour in a small amount of water.



Once they are frozen, they look like this.



I then put them in a freezer bag and label them. I have a basket in my freezer where I keep them. I like this system because then I can go straight to the basket instead of shuffling through all that stuff in my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment