Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 6 of 2011

Week 6 of 2011

We got…

Carrots, Cucumber, Eggplant, Head Lettuce, Onions, Red Russian Kale, Salad Mix, Summer Squash, Sweet Corn, Zucchini, Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Parsley
Fruit: Peaches

My plans…

Carrots
This Moroccan Carrot-Chickpea Salad would be good one night poolside for dinner.
I hope to freeze some of these too!

Cucumber and Dill
My son loves pickles. Here is a Quick Dill Pickle recipe that will be fun to try.

Eggplant
The eggplant we got was small. I’m going to make Goan Eggplant. They are fried slices of eggplant and would work well as an appetizer or side dish.

Red Russian Kale
I am going to make this Shredded Chicken with Kale and Lentils. I read the title and thought it sounded like a heavy winter dish, but then I reviewed the recipe and I could see serving this room temperature on a hot summer day. It shouldn’t heat up the kitchen too much either.

Summer Squash and Zucchini
I am going to make puree out of these and freeze them for winter soups. I may reserve a little of the puree and make muffins one morning for breakfast.

Cilantro
I plan to make a Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette in “From Asparagus to Zucchini”

Basil, Cilantro, and Parsley
I will make pesto to freeze out of all of these. I plan to try and new Parsley Pesto this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment