Saturday, July 9, 2011

Salsa Verde

Salsa Verde
Based on this original recipe

Printable Version

2 cups mixed fresh herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro)
1 garlic clove
1 ¼ t red wine vinegar
2 T capers, rinsed and drained
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Blend ingredients together with an immersion blender or in a food processor.

USES: toss with vegetables like green beans, potatoes, or summer squash, drizzle on meat, chicken, or seafood, spread on a sandwich, try it with your morning eggs, ENJOY!


NOTES: the original recipe calls for 3 anchovy fillets. My husband shies away from the flavor of anchovy, so I left it out.
I thought my version was a tad bit salty. I think I put in my usual amount of salt for my taste and I’m thinking the capers added more saltiness. I’m sure the anchovies would add even more. Taste test first.

No comments:

Post a Comment