Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 7 of 2011

We got…

Beets, Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Green Beans, Head Lettuce, Salad Mix, Onions, Sweet Peppers, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Basil, Cilantro
Fruit: Peaches

My plans…

Beets
Anyone have some ideas for beets? I’m fresh out.

Cantaloupe and Cucumber
I have a recipe I’ve wanted to try for Grilled Fish with Spicy Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad from Everyday Food.

Green Beans
I think these are what I’ll freeze this week.

Head Lettuce and Salad Mix

I feel like I have A LOT of lettuce. I thought I should at least offer up a salad dressing suggestion. Here is an Easy Caesar Dressing, no anchovies.

Onions
No specific plans for these, but just wanted to say I love the onions from our CSA the last three weeks.

Sweet Peppers and Onions
I’m going to make this Shrimp Korma. It calls for frozen peas and I have some of those from the farmer’s market early in the season.

Summer Squash and Zucchini
Hoping for a dinner trip to the pool…I’ll make Quesadillas to pack. This is a recipe for Zucchini Chard Quesadillas. I’ll either skip the greens or use some of the Kale I’ve been freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment