Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grilled Eggplant Sandwich

I love these onions we have been getting in our CSA!
They are delicate and have good taste in a salad, not overpowering like a regular yellow onion, and they are hearty enough for cooking. The original recipe for last night’s sandwich called for red onion, but these were just perfect.

Meatless Monday Menu – Grilled Eggplant Sandwich, Quick Dill Pickles
Farm Share Food – Eggplant, Onion, Basil, Dill









I found this recipe in Everyday Food. It’s a keeper!
We aren’t huge fans of dill, so for us this was a good way to use the dill from the CSA. I let the dill soak with the pickles all day and then took it out when it was time to serve the pickles. I would have made it with our CSA cucumbers, but those are so loved around here I didn’t get a chance. I made them with Kirby cucumbers.

Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
From Simply Recipes

Yummy! I used my Foreman grill just because of the busyness of the day. Would love to make them again outside on the grill. The tomato and onion soaked in the vinegar mixture is the key to the flavor of these sandwiches.





No comments:

Post a Comment