Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week 5 of 2011

We got…
Beets, Broccoli, Cucumber, Chard, Head Lettuce, Onions, Summer Squash, Sweet Corn, Zucchini, Cilantro, Parsley
Fruit: Cherries
Beef: Top Round Steak, Ground Beef

My plans…
Beets
I enjoy this Beets and Beet Greens Salad.

Broccoli
I’m going to freeze the broccoli.

Cucumber
I’m going to try a Cucumber Gazpacho.

Chard
I’ve been waiting for Chard. I’m going to make a Chard Pie in “From Asparagus to Zucchini”

Head Lettuce
Salads. We had our usual Tuesday dinner of grilled chicken and salad. I grilled the chicken with a coating of the leftover Salsa Verde.

Summer Squash/Zucchini
I still haven’t tried the Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs.

Sweet Corn
We love the corn from our CSA. Mostly it just gets boiled or grilled and eaten with butter, salt and pepper. That was what happened to it Wednesday night.

Cilantro/Parsley
I’ll make another batch of Salsa Verde. With the Cilantro I’ll make a recipe of the Cilantro Pesto.

Cherries
They'll just get eaten as we pass through the kitchen.

Beef
I wasn't sure which cuts of meat we would get. Now that I have my ground beef and top round steak I'll make plans and share them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment