Friday, July 15, 2011

Tex-Mex Bruschetta

I had no idea what to call this yumminess I threw together. I was inspired by the Tex-Mex terminology used in “The Flavor Bible” when looking up what cheese would go well with cilantro. Is it bruschetta without tomatoes? Who knows? This was good, so I had to share it. I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning.

Tex-Mex Bruschetta

6-8 slices crusty bread
Cilantro Pesto – for spreading
Grilled Chicken (leftover, remember I grilled it with the Salsa Verde)
Cheddar Cheese

Place slices of bread on a baking sheet and broil 2-3 minutes. When just beginning to toast remove from oven and flip over. Spread Cilantro Pesto on the bread. Layer slices of chicken. Top with Cheddar Cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes, don’t let them burn! (I always do.)


Why are my pictures turning when I put them into a blog post?









No comments:

Post a Comment