Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Keeping up with the CSA

Did I forget to cook this week?  I haven’t posted since I shared my ideas for Week 12. 

 So, yeah sort of I didn’t cook.  We were at an Eid party on Tuesday, at a back to school event on Wednesday, and got a spontaneous dinner invite on TH.  By Friday I was desperate to get back to the kitchen.


Afghan Eggplant with Yogurt Sauce

This was dinner Friday.  My favorite eggplant dish ever!  It was also great because it used eggplant, peppers, onions, and garlic – all of which we got this week in the CSA.



Frozen Green Beans

Clean and trim Green Beans.  Boil for 3 minutes and then move to an ice bath.  Drain and then put in a freezer bag for freezer storage.

So funny story – I’ve been meaning to freeze the green beans.  And I did on Saturday.  Then I decided I didn’t have enough food for dinner when my parents came Sunday night.  So I made a salad with the green beans I’d just frozen.  It was okay.  It would be much better with crisp green beans that hadn’t been frozen.  BUT I loved the grilled onions in the salad. 



Beefsteak Tomatoes

True to my word, we’ve just been eating tomatoes.  They are so good!  I did make a Caprese Salad.  Layered tomato slices with Mozzarella, sprinkled it with Salt and Pepper, rough chopped some basil to sprinkle on and finished with a drizzle of olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment