Monday, September 19, 2011

Santa Fe Summer Pot with Avocado and Shrimp


I made this delicious dish.  It never got eaten as a meal, but just as we could.  We are in that crazy busy time of back to school.  The night we planned to have this we had soccer practice and CSA pick up along with regular routines – like homework.  An actual meal never made it to the table that night but I had done the prep work for this dish, so I made it for myself for lunch the next day.  I wanted to keep it to myself as lunch for at least one more day, but it was so good I had to share it with my husband. 
 
Farm Share Food – onion, jalapeno, tomatoes
 
Santa Fe Summer Pot with Avocado and Shrimp

I know the source for this dish was the Splendid Table.  I couldn’t find it on their website after searching several different word combinations.  So, Thanks Lynne!


¼ cup lime juice
½ medium onion, small chop
1 garlic clove, minced
½ jalapeno, seeded and small chop
½ t ground cumin
½ t ground coriander
Fresh ground pepper
1 ½ pounds tomatoes, rough chopped
2 sprigs fresh cilantro
1 small cucumber, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 pound cooked shrimp (firm tofu or chicken work great too)
Tortilla chips crushed


In a small bowl combine, lime juice, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, coriander, and fresh ground pepper to taste.  Let marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes.
 
Blend the tomatoes and cilantro with an immersion blender or in a food processor until chunky.  Add the onion mixture and pulse 5 times.
 
Divide the cucumber, avocado and shrimp between up to 4 serving bowls.  Spoon the tomato mixture on top and garnish with the tortilla chips.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment