Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Week 15 of 2011

We got…  
Acorn Squash, Beets, Garlic, Onions, Peppers – Carmen, Jalapeno, Potatoes, Tomatoes – Ping Pong, Golden Rave
 
Fruit: Peaches
 
My plans….
 
Acorn Squash and Onions
This Roasted Red Onion and Squash Pasta looks yummy – the picture has all this great caramelization on the vegetables.

Beets
I might try them on the grill.  A fellow share holder and friend walked me through the process.  It sounds a lot like roasting beets, but on the grill.  Wrap them in tin foil and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Beware, some of those beets were huge this week – trim them down.
 
Garlic
The CSA garlic is awesome!  I’ve been using it in lots and lots of recipes.  I thought this week I’d look for something to highlight the garlic.  I might make this Garlic Oil.  A list of recipe suggestions for the Garlic Oil follow.
Garlic Oil Vinaigrette
Vegetables with Garlic Oil
Chicken Marinated in Garlic Oil

Peppers
I found this super easy recipe called Paella StuffedPoblanos.  I think I might try to with a variety of peppers – Carmen, Jalapeno, and Poblano.


Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onions and Squash
This recipe sounds very interesting – Lentil Potato Casserolewith Pumpkin and Tomatoes withPhyllo Crust.  It looks like a bit of work, but I’d like to give it a try.  It calls for canned tomatoes, but I think I’ll use the fresh.  It also calls for canned pumpkin but gives the option to use 1 ½ cups of fresh puree.  I’m thinking about using some of the winter squash I have from the CSA.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Love reading your updates and getting a sneak peek at what's coming in our weekly shares (we pick up in NYC on Thursdays)... I'm definitely planning to make this: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/sweet-roasted-rosemary-acorn-squash-wedges/
    with my acorn squash from last week. Thought I'd share since I know I'm always hard up for new ideas for squash :) Can't wait to see how that pasta turns out!
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete