Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 14 of 2011

Week 14 of 2011
 
We got…
 
Bon Bon Winter Squash, Carrots, Onions, Peppers (Carmen, Jalapeno, Poblano), Potatoes, Tomatoes (Ping Pong, Plum, Beefsteak)
 
Fruit: Nectarines
 
Our Beef Share was delivered this week and included Ground Beef, Steak, and Short Ribs.
 
My plans…
 
Bon Bon Winter Squash, Onions, and Jalapenos
Reimerseeds.com tells me that the flesh of this winter squash is very sweet.  I think I’ll make this Roasted Squash Soup with Chiles.  The sweetness of the squash and the heat of the Jalapenos should make for a good soup.

Carrots and Tomatoes
I LOVE this Skillet Lasagna and haven’t had the chance to share it on the blog yet.  I’m making it this week!  I’ll defrost some of the Zucchini I have in the freezer to make as many ingredients as possible came from local sources.

Onions, Carmen Peppers, and a hot Pepper – Jalapeno or Poblano
Here is another recipe that can put all those great peppers from the CSA to use, Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions.

Potatoes
I’ve invited a friend over for dinner who says she doesn’t like Indian food.  I’ve got a whole menu planned that I hope will change her mind including Spiced Potatoes and Onions from Everyday Food volume 85.
 
Nectarines
We always just gobble up our CSA fruit, but this week I might try these Chicken Kabobs with Nectarine Salsa.

Ground Beef
I’ve mentioned this recipe before, but have yet to try it.  I’ve been waiting for our next delivery of ground beef to try Sriracha Marinara and Meatballs.

The other beef is in the freezer waiting for a good idea to strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment