This Quilting Mama felt like baking this week and is sharing with us a Peach Cobbler she made from our CSA peaches.
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 cups sugar, divided
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* Pinch of salt
* 1 cup milk
* 4 cups fresh peach slices
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
* Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
* Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
* Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
* Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.