Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 13 of 2011

We got…

Beets, Eggplant, Garlic, Onions, Peppers – Bell and Carmen, Potatoes, Tomatoes – Golden Rave and Beefsteak

Fruit: Peaches
 
My plans….
 
Eggplant and Tomatoes

We have had lots of rain!  I think a bowl of this Roasted Tomato and Eggplant Soup will be perfect in this weather.

Onions and Peppers

I plan to make Fajitas!

Bell Peppers and Carmen Peppers

I searched my recipes for those featuring peppers and think these Curry-Spiced Noodles will be fun to try.

More Pepper Ideas! And a little Eggplant too!

I’m going to make these Grilled Vegetables with Couscous andYogurt Sauce.  I’ll replace the Summer Squash with Eggplant.  The idea in this recipe that caught my eye was that you blend some of the grilled pepper into the yogurt sauce with the spices.  Intriguing! 

Beets

If you have a beet recipe you like I’d love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. In response to your request for beet ideas...
    We had this tonight: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-beet-shallot-salad-over-wilted-beet-greens-arugula-10000001662820/. Similar to other beet & beet green recipes I've seen you post before, but it was quite yummy. The kids eat it up (the beets themselves, but not the greens). Their latest new discovery is goat cheese, so they enjoyed them with some goat cheese sprinkled on top, too. I was out of arugula so just used the beet greens and it was sufficient, probably because we also received the single most ginormous beet I've ever seen in this week's CSA share.

    I've also had my eye on this recipe and might make it if we get more beets next week: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beet-risotto-with-greens-goat-cheese-walnuts-10000000397879/.

    ReplyDelete