Friday, September 9, 2011

Grilled Vegetables with Couscous and Yogurt Sauce


Wednesday Menu – Grilled Vegetables with Couscous and Yogurt Sauce

Farm Share Food – Carmen Peppers, Eggplant, Garlic, Onions


For the most part I followed the recipe, so it just makes sense to follow the link.  A couple of notes…I substituted eggplant for the summer squash.  I didn’t have a red onion, but used one of our beautiful CSA onions.  I used cashews and not almonds – I almost left them out, but the crunch was an important factor in the dish.

As a noted in my plans for Week 13 I was intrigued by the idea of pureeing one of the peppers into the yogurt sauce.  I loved it!  But while I was making the sauce I wished I would have grilled one of the jalapenos from the CSA and used that for the sauce.  I’m going to keep that idea tucked away for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment