Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Skillet Lasagna with fresh tomatoes

I love this lasagna that you make on the stove top with FRESH tomatoes.  It smells so good while it cooks and the comforting aroma was still in the air to greet me when I returned from my evening meeting.  
Meatless Monday Menu – Skillet Lasagna, Salad
Farm Share Food – Tomatoes, Carrots, Zucchini, Basil, Parsley
 
Skillet Lasagna

I followed this recipe.  Check out their picture, it’s so pretty.  Mine did not look so pretty, and got to the plate in a big mess.  BUT it tasted so good.
 
NOTES: I used my frozen cubes of herbs – basil and parsley.  Carrots I had this week from the CSA.  I used frozen shredded Zucchini from earlier in the CSA season.  I used fresh baby spinach, but I think you could use any frozen greens – I have frozen kale in the freezer from earlier in the CSA season.  It was a little salty.  The recipe has you adding salt as you layer and they have you put it in the sauce and in the ricotta mixture.  I’ll be cautious in my use of salt the next time I make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment