Saturday, May 8, 2010

Springtime Pizza

I wish I would have taken a picture of this. The day got busy and it was all eaten up before I remembered.

The original recipe also called for 4oz. of goat cheese in clumps spread around the pizza. I’m not a fan, so I skipped that step. I know lots of people would love that, so I thought I’d mention it.

Springtime Pizza
Adapted from http://www.thenaptimechef.com/2010/04/springtime-asparagus-pizza-for-moving.html

1 12oz ball of pizza dough
½ cup chopped artichokes, drained
¾ lb. asparagus, shaved
1 cup shredded mozzarella
zest of 1 lemon
¼ t crushed red pepper

Preheat oven to 450.

Spread out pizza crust onto your favorite pizza pan. Distribute the artichokes and then the shaved asparagus. Cover with the mozzarella cheese. Bake 12 – 14 minutes until cheese is golden.

When the pizza is removed from the oven scatter lemon zest and crushed red pepper.

I was inspired to shave the asparagus just like in this recipe...http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/04/asparagus-for-lunch.html
The original recipe calls for using pencil thin asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment