Monday, May 24, 2010

Slow Roasted Salmon and Potatoes - an adaptation

I got these fingerling potatoes at the market last week and the farmer recommended roasting them. I thought, “Perfect, I’ll make the slow roasted salmon and potatoes again”.
http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/03/purple-potatoes.html
Ooops, the recipe calls for boiling the potatoes! That’s okay, we can adapt the recipe. Here is what we had last night…

To adapt the recipe, I put the scallions and potatoes in a 400 F oven for 25 minutes. Then I turned it down to 275 F, placed the salmon on top of the scallions and potatoes, brushed it with olive oil and sprinkled it with salt and pepper. I baked all of it for an additional 20 minutes. It worked great.

For the herb butter I had parsley and chives (1 T, not mentioned in the recipe) from my garden. I used my immersion blender instead of the food processor. The best kitchen tool ever!!! And it got the herbs nicely blended. The herb butter goes on the salmon and potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment