Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Asparagus for Lunch


My friend came for lunch and I served my favorite Asparagus dish, Spaghetti with Shaved Asparagus. I’ve been waiting all year for Asparagus to come back into season to make this dish. We had it for lunch today, but it would also make a great side dish for dinner – carbs and veggies all in one side dish! My favorite thing is shaving the asparagus so that it mimics the spaghetti noodles. They mix together so well! And guess what, it is so simple to make.

Here is the link to the recipe. The only thing I did different was use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of butter. I made that substitution for the first time and I loved the smell of the EVOO and lemon juice mixing together.

Spaghetti with Shaved Asparagus
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/spaghetti-with-shaved-asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment