Monday, May 3, 2010

Saute Broccoli Rabe

Every dish on last night’s menu had something from the local market. It made me realize the growing season is taking off. I got to thinking…my favorite market starts this TH and the Sunday market has moved outside, we should try and have something local in every dinner. My goal for next week!

Sunday Menu

Grilled Salmon with Cilantro Sauce
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Saute Broccoli Rabe

Grilled Salmon
http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/04/broiled-tuna-with-cilantro-sauce-and.html

I took the leftover sauce from the tuna earlier in the week, brushed it on the salmon and placed them in the grill pan on medium high heat for 4 minutes per side.

Grilled Sweet Potatoes
With help from Rachel Ray

I tossed three sliced sweet potatoes with 1 T olive oil, salt and pepper. I put them on the Foreman Grill for 10 minutes per side.
I thought I’d put this on the blog before, but I couldn’t find it.

Saute Broccoli Rabe
Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/sauteed-broccoli-rabe-recipe2/index.html

1 bunch broccoli rabe (rapini), stems trimmed
1 T olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 T craisins
Kosher salt
Cook the broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the heated olive oil in the next step when the boiling is complete.Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the broccoli rabe and toss to coat. Add the craisins, and cook until the broccoli rabe is heated through and the stems are tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt, to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment