Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Garden....Mostly Herbs

Here are my flowers from last week’s TH market. They seem to have survived two nights with the temperature going below freezing.

Here is the purple basil I got at Sunday's market. It is accompanied by thyme (teeny tiny little thing) and sage. The angel was given to us by our flower girls when we got married. Her necklace is from the balloon our friends used to welcome us home from the hospital with our oldest.
The mint was in the box with the chives, but it was taking over so I moved it into the ground.
The chives were the first herbs from our home garden I put into a meal this season.
Last night we had broiled tuna with a lemon chive sauce and the Shaved Asparagus and Spaghetti.
I made a sauce based on this recipe for the tuna.
Broiled Tuna with Lemon Chive Sauce
Preheat broiler. Place tuna steaks on a well greased broiler pan and brush with soy sauce. Broil 4-5 minutes. Turn and broil 5-6 additional minutes. 145 degrees in the center.
1 1/2 T lemon juice
2 1/4 t parmesan cheese
1 t fresh chives
1/2 t minced garlic
1/4 t kosher salt
1/4 t ground pepper
1/4 t dijon mustard
1 T olive oil
Mix first 7 ingredients. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Serve sauce over tuna steaks.
Then today with the leftover tuna steak and sauce I made myself a tuna fish sandwich. I broke up the tuna with the sauce, 1 T of mayonaise, and some celery. Yummy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment