Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 18 of 2011

It’s been a busy couple of weeks and I’ve missed the blog.  I’ve taken on some new responsibilities and they took me by surprise.  It’s good to be back!
 
We got...
 
Beefsteak Tomatoes, Beets, Butternut Squash, Carrots, Eggplant, Jalapenos, Mustard Greens, Onions, Salad Mix
 
Fruit: Apples

My plans...
 
Beefsteak Tomatoes
Already today I crushed several tomatoes with my immersion blender.  I’ll freeze these to make dishes like Chicken Tikka Masala during the winter.


Butternut Squash
Cooking Light did a recipe make over and came up with this Creamy, Light Macaroni and Cheese that is packed with Squash.

Eggplant
I’ve been saving this recipe for a while...this week I’ll try Grilled Chicken and Eggplant Stacks with Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce.

Mustard Greens and Tomatoes
I am going to make the Skillet Lasagna I love so much with Mustard Greens as a substitution for the spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment