Monday, October 17, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Eggplant Stacks

These were fun to make.  These stacks are a little bit elegant and would be fun when you have guests to dinner.   
Sunday Menu – Grilled Chicken and Eggplant Stack with Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce, Salad
Farm Share Food – Eggplant, Garlic, Onion, Basil, Salad Mix, Tomato, Carmen Pepper
 
Grilled Chicken and Eggplant Stack with Fire Roasted TomatoSauce

NOTES:  I doubled the amount of crushed red pepper and it had a nice bite but wasn’t overly spicy.  So if you like a kick I recommend you use the crushed red pepper generously.  I didn’t have any fresh basil, but lots of frozen cubes from the summer.  I just melted a cube or two into the sauce.  I did my grilling on my electric indoor grill.  While the chicken and eggplant were grilling I was able to make the sauce.  We needed a nice bit of crusty bread to go with dinner last night – hope you have some on hand when you make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment