Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 20 of 2011

We got...  
Arugula, Beefsteak Tomatoes, Beets, Broccoli Rabe, Butternut Squash, Potatoes, Red Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
 
Fruit: Apples
 
My plans...
 
Arugula
I plan to make this Sauteed Shrimp with Arugula.  I also plan to make an Arugula pizza.  I did make Arugula Pesto last week.  I think I’ll use that as a sauce, put on the cheese, and then top with a few fresh arugula leaves.

Beets
Folks from the Harlem site of our same CSA farm are getting started on a blog.  Follow them on twitter at @HarlemCSA.  They suggested these Indian Spiced Beets.

Broccoli Rabe and Butternut Squash
I’ll freeze these to be used during those long winter months when I miss the CSA.
 
Sweet Potatoes
I love sweet potatoes that made with a dish that has some kick.  I’m looking forward to try this RoastedSweet Potato Salad with Cranberry-Chipotle Dressing.

Turnips
I have this recipe in my notes for Roasted Turnips with Tomatoes.  I’m intrigued but can’t find the link.  I’ll have to do some digging!

No comments:

Post a Comment