Monday, December 20, 2010

Onions

I can hardly believe it, my onions from my winter storage box are almost gone! I have made a couple onion heavy recipes, you know - more than your average amount of onion. I wanted to share where my onions have gone.

Mushroom Pie
http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/12/mushroom-pie.html
This is a decadent, savory pie. If you are a fan of mushrooms, you will love it! I’ve made two this past week. One – well actually just the filling is in the freezer waiting for Christmas dinner. Two – for a Christmas dinner with friends.

Salmon in Thai Broth
http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/12/salmon-in-thai-broth.html
This was a delightfully delicious dinner that was also light. The light part was really nice in this season of decadence and indulgence. Believe me, we’ve been sampling every cookie I make before they get stored in the freezer for gifts and holiday gatherings. And as you can see from above, I’ve been serving savory pie with cream cheese filling. A light dinner was welcome fare.

Brats with chopped raw onion and spicy brown mustard
What more can I say? After braving the shopping scene with two hungry kids, we came home and ate hot dogs and brats for dinner Friday.

Mini Meatball and Broken Spaghetti Tomato Stoup
This recipe has been a favorite for years. If you can find them Furmano’s Crushed Tomatoes make all the difference in this recipe. The kids gobble this one up. In addition to onions, I used some carrots too.
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipes/rachael-ray-30-minute-meals/Mini-Meatball-and-Broken-Spaghetti-Tomato-Stoup

No comments:

Post a Comment