Friday, December 10, 2010

Creamy Horseradish Beets


While meal planning this past weekend my husband came to me and said, “I found a recipe on the printer for Creamy Horseradish Beet, I would like to cancel that menu item.” I only made the amount in the picture because I was intrigued. He did not enjoy them. I thought they were fantastic!!! You get the horseradish bite right away and then the sweetness of the beet comes through once you start chewing. Very interesting. These would be perfect with a grilled steak.

Creamy Horseradish Beets
From http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Flank-Steak-with-Sauteed-Beet-Greens-and-Creamy-Horseradish-Beets-237885


4 Roasted Beets, peeled and roughly chopped into ½ inch chunks
1/3 cup sour cream
3 T prepared horseradish
2 T lemon juice
1 T minced shallot

Whisk sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, and minced shallot in medium bowl. Add beets and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Roasted Beets: place beets in a foil pouch and place in 400 degree oven for about 35 minutes, until fork tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment