Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week Thirteen of 2013


We got...

Broccoli, Carmen Peppers, Corn, Garlic, Green Beans, Onion, Salad Mix, Spinach, Squash, Tomatoes (Slicing), Tomatoes (small)

Fruit: Apples
 
My ideas....
 
Broccoli – In my notes about this Cheesy Penne with Broccoli it says my oldest will eat this.  With that said, seems like the perfect meal for back to school.
 
Garlic – Interested to try these Shrimp Scampi Meatballs in Garlicky Broth.
 
Green Beans – Always excited about ground turkey recipes, this Spicy Turkey and GreenBean Stir Fry looks like a winner.
 
Spinach – I was looking for a quick and easy Spinach Salad and came across this list of options.  I haven’t decided which one to try yet.
 
Sweet Dumpling Squash – After poking around on the internet I can report that these cute little squash are perfect for roasting and stuffing.  An all-time favorite recipe of mine are sausage meatballs with spaghetti squash, so I think I’ll like this Sausage StuffedSweet Dumpling Squash.
 
Tomatoes and Corn – This Tomato Stack Salad with Corn and Avocado looks like a wonderful way to say goodbye to summer produce.
 
Apples – Tried the apples and they were tart.  Thought it might be time to make an Ooey Gooey Apple Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment