Monday, September 9, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Braised Beans and Chickpeas


A lovely layered dish that took care of itself while I prepared the rest of dinner.
 
Sunday Menu: Pad Thai, Braised Beans and Chickpeas, Corn on the Cob
Farm Share Food: Garlic, Onion, Green Beans, Basil, Corn
 
Braised Beans and Chickpeas
 
I used my CSA onion in place of the shallot in this recipe.  I used only about ¼ of the onion, thinly sliced.  I had basil frozen from earlier in the season.  I used two cubes for yesterday’s version.  The recipe suggests leaving some of the water from cleaning the beans on so that the beans remain tender during the cooking process. 
 
This dish required very little attention.  I heated the olive oil, then tossed in the onion, red pepper flakes, and salt.  I put the green bean on top of this and didn’t stir.  10 minutes later I added the chickpeas and basil.  Again I didn’t stir and after another 10 minutes and a sprinkle of lemon juice this dish came out perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment