Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: One Pan Pasta

So intrigued when I saw this tip for One Pan Pasta! 
 
Wednesday Menu: One Pan Pasta, Salad
Farm Share Food: Plum Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, Parsley, Salad Mix, Carmen Peppers
 
One Pan Pasta Link
 
The idea is you pile all the ingredients together in a skillet – pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, broth or water, olive oil, crushed red pepper, herbs, salt and pepper.


 
The original recipe calls for 4 ½ cups of water.  I used chicken broth for a richer flavor and I recommend 3 ½ cups.  The larger amount of broth made for a soupier version.  I had no fresh basil from the CSA this week, but had frozen cubes from earlier in the season, see them in the picture?  I did have some fresh CSA Parsley and did add some of that.



Then I brought the whole thing to a boil and stirred it a bit.  Covered it and let it simmer 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked.

 
And you get something that looks like this and is a delicious, simple pasta dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment