Thursday, September 19, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Sausages with Squash and Onions

So Simple!  My husband ate separately from us last night.  He came to find me to tell me how delicious this dish was.  You can’t beat a delicious and simple meal for a busy weeknight.
 


Wednesday Menu – Sausages with Acorn Squash and Onions, Orzo Pilaf
Farm Share Food – Delicata Squash, Sweet Dumpling Squash
 
Sausages with Squash and Onions
 
The original recipe uses Acorn Squash.  I used both Delicata Squash and both Sweet Dumpling Squash from the CSA share to make this dish.  They were all small and I appreciate leftovers for lunch the next day.  You can eat the skins of these small squash.  If roasted well, the skins just melt in your mouth.
 
I used chicken sausage.  The links were already cooked.  I added them to the tray after the squash had been cooking for 9-10 minutes at 475 degrees.
 
I used Parmesan cheese, dried Sage and Craisins instead of Asiago cheese and dried cherries.  If using dried Sage I would use ½ T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment