Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Hummus Pita “Pizza”

You know dinner was a success when your youngest comes up and says, “Thank you for making such a yummy dinner Mom” and your husband says, “These are delicious!”


 
Monday Night Dinner: Hummus Pita “Pizza”, Garlic SautéedSpinach
Farm Share Food: Onion, Garlic, Tomato, Spinach
 
Hummus Pita “Pizza” - link
 
I used ground turkey instead of lamb because I had some in the freezer.  I toasted the pine nuts on the stove in a dry skillet stirring regularly until they began to brown.  I didn’t have any fresh herbs, but I did have a Mariachi pepper left, so I sliced that up small and thin to sprinkle on instead of cilantro.  I might have to make this again this week because we got all kinds of tomatoes and cilantro.
 
Follow the link above for the method I used for the Garlic Sautéed Spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment