Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reader Suggested Recipe: Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce

Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce
 
A friend of mine suggested this peach crisp several weeks ago.  I promised to try it if I got peaches one more time in the CSA share.  As luck would have it we got some last week and I was hosting a meeting at my house Monday night.  Snacks should be served at this meeting and I knew this crisp would be perfect.
 
There are few items in the CSA share sacred to my husband – Corn on the Cob, Slicing Tomatoes, and Peaches.  With these items I am to do the bare minimum and let him enjoy them.  This makes up for the items that are not his favorites – bitter greens.  So last week’s peaches were maybe not well advertised.  Come Saturday he finds them and says “You didn’t tell me we got peaches!” and proclaims them delicious.  Shoot!  I still had enough on Monday to make the crisp.  He comes home from work, searches out a peach and says “Are the peaches in the oven?”  I had to admit that they were.  So, no more peaches for him, but all the ladies at my meeting proclaimed the crisp well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment