Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week Two of 2012

We got...
 
Arrow Head Cabbage, Cucumber, Garlic Scapes, Kale, Red Leaf Lettuce, Salad Mix, Scallions, Snow Peas, Summer Squash, Turnips, Basil, Cilantro, Parsley
 
My ideas...
 
Arrow Head Cabbage – We love Fish Tacos and I haven’t made this version in a while.
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
 
Cucumber, Red Leaf Lettuce, Salad Mix, Scallions – Salads, Salads, Salads!
 
Cucumber, Snow Peas – these tend to just get gobbled up at our house.
 
Kale – I think it might be time to freeze some more soup.  I’ll try one of these recipes.
Kale Soup – this one is a pureed soup
North African Chickpea and Kale Soup
 
Summer Squash – I find simple recipes are the best for Summer Squash, so here is another take on Herbed Summer Squash
 
Turnips – A reader let me know that the variety of Turnips we have been getting are Tokyo Turnips.  Here is a video featuring Tokyo Turnips that shows how to make Steamed Turnips.
(There is also a Kale Crostini recipe demonstration in the video.)
 
Herbs – I’m thinking pestos and freezer cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment