Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week One of 2012

We got...
 
Arugula, Bibb Lettuce ,Broccoli, Garlic Scapes, Kale, Kohlrabi, Napa Cabbage, Radishes, Romaine Lettuce, Salad Mix, Summer Squash,  Turnips, Zucchini
 
My plans...
 
Salads of course!  We have Bibb, Romaine, and Salad Mix to get through.  Please share your salad ideas or dressing recipes in the comments or email me.
purplecook8@gmail.com
 
With all this lettuce I will be making a Lettuce Wrap of some sort.  I’ll put a few ideas below.
 
Arugula – already gone into last night’s dinner of Pasta with Lentils and Arugula.
 
Bibb Lettuce – Here is a Bibb Salad with Radishes, OR the first of the wraps, a Stir Fried Turkey in Lettuce Wraps.
 
Broccoli – I’ll be making my brother’s signature dish of Broccoli and Chorizo Noodles.  He created this with the ingredients he had at home one night and needed to make dinner quick.  Now it is his wife’s favorite dish and was gobbled down by our family on a recent visit.

Garlic Scapes, Summer Squash and Zucchini – I’m looking forward to trying a recipe for Grilled Squash Tossed in Herb and Garlic Marinade.  The rest of the Scapes I’ll just use like garlic in recipes.
 
Kale – Kale always makes me think of fall foods, so with summer just around the corner I thought it would be fun to try this Kale and Parmesan Coleslaw.
 
Kohlrabi, Radishes, and Turnips – My friend made Punjabi Kohlrabi with her Kohlrabi and Tatsoi last week.  I think I’ll try that recipe with the Kohlrabi, Turnips, and Radishes.  I will likely use some of the Kale for the greens the recipe calls for. 
 
Napa Cabbage – I might try this Chicken Peanut Stir Fry or these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps using the Napa Cabbage.  The Cabbage seems like it would make a good holder and is delicate enough to make this recipe work.
 
Romaine – I’m fascinated by this Charred BLT Salad.
 
Happy Cooking this week.  I’ll post the recipes for the Broccoli and Chorizo Noodles, Grilled Squash, and Punjabi Kohlrabi after we’ve sampled them.  I don’t have links for those. 
 
As always, please e-mail me questions, suggestions, or requests for recipes.
purplecook8@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment