Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mexican Bean Salad

For the last month or so I was feeling like my CSA was getting ahead of me, I felt like it would be pick up day again and I still had lots from last week. This week I feel like I’m doing much better. Heading into the weekend all I have left is salad mix, arugula, and herbs. AND I have plans for most of it before pick up on Tuesday. I think it’s being back in a routine. As summer came to a close we would wind up staying late at the pool or being with friends for dinner, which meant I didn’t cook every day. I like being in a routine, I like cooking every day.

Friday Menu – Chard and Pepper Quesadillas, Mexican Bean Salad
Farm Share Produce – Chard, Carmen Peppers, Roma Tomato, Green Beans, Jalapeno, Cilantro

Mexican Bean Salad
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/mexican_three_bean_salad/

I made a few minor changes. I had kidney beans on hand, not pinto, so I used kidney, black, and green beans for the salad. I realize while writing this post I left out the scallions – I’ll add those to the leftovers. Finally, I didn’t put the cheese in because I didn’t have any, but that’s okay with me since I don’t really like cheese (I know, everyone finds that very STRANGE!).

My husband loved it! I knew he would, that’s why I made it. I needed to make up for having Chard in the quesadillas; he’s not so keen on the bitter greens.

Chard and Pepper Quesadillas
I used Chard and Carmen Peppers as the veggies in these Quesadillas. I also added sliced Roma Tomatoes to the quesadillas. I enjoyed this quick Friday night dinner.
http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/06/spinach-and-mushroom-quesadillas.html

No comments:

Post a Comment