Friday, August 20, 2010

Szechaun Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli

My husband watched Ina Garten make this on the Food Network and said I just had to make it. We enjoyed every bite. Apparently Ina joked while making it that it has a lot of ingredients – 20 in the original recipe! Here are my thoughts on long ingredient lists, they are usually spices or items to make a sauce. This recipe was all about the sauce, which was delightful. Oh, and while the sauce had lots of ingredients they were things I had on hand, so it was pretty easy.
One more thing, I read the reviews of the recipe. Some folks didn’t roast their own chicken, but used a rotisserie or leftover chicken. I think that’s a great idea!

Wednesday Menu – Szechaun Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli
Farm Share Produce – Broccoli, Carmen Pepper

Szechaun Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/szechuan-noodles-with-chicken-and-broccoli-recipe/index.html

The only changes I made were I used Curry Paste for the Asian hot chili oil, my broccoli was frozen so I boiled that to reheat it, and I used the Carmen Pepper from my CSA to replace the bells.

Oh…one more thing. This was the perfect “piece meal” for my kids. They ate roasted chicken, pasta, and broccoli. No extra cooking for me, they had a meal they liked, and my husband and I had a meal we liked. Check out more on “piece meals” in my post on CSA’s and kids.
http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/05/csa-and-kids.html

No comments:

Post a Comment