Friday, August 6, 2010

Cucumber Soup



I enjoyed my soup last night. When I read the recipe I thought putting the corn in was unnecessary, I was wrong! Just like the original recipe says – it adds a nice sweetness. The suggested add-ins were lemon and ginger. I didn’t add ginger after tasting the original blend because I liked it so much. You can see the small wedge of lemon in the bowl – I tried a little in one section – I would also pass on the lemon. Basically, with the cucumber, avocado, and corn this makes for a really simple, yummy soup. Make sure to have some nice crusty bread on hand!

Thursday Menu – Cucumber Soup, Leftovers
Farm Share Produce – Cucumber, Parsley, Corn

Cucumber Soup
From http://everydayfoodblog.marthastewart.com/2010/07/cooking-from-the-csa-cucumber-soup.html

2 large cucumbers, cut in 1-inch chunks, peeled for preference
¼ cup water
1 avocado, pitted and scooped out of the peel
kernels cut from 2 ears of corn
2 T chopped parsley
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt

Purée cucumbers with 1/4 cup water in food processor; add avocado, corn kernels, parsley and salt. Continue to blend until thick and fairly smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment