Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gazpacho


My husband waits all year for the tomatoes from the CSA, or the garden, or some other local source for Gazpacho. We scored 5 gigantic tomatoes from a friend’s garden and we made Gazpacho. YEAH for tomatoes!

Sunday Menu – Gazpacho, Nice Crusty Bread
Farm Share Produce – Cucumber, Corn, Jalapeno, Basil
Other Local Produce – Tomatoes

I don’t have a recipe with amounts for Gazpacho. I just make it by putting in the blender or food processor the following ingredients. I make sure that tomatoes and cucumbers are the most abundant and do everything else to taste. We find the blender makes it more liquid and the food processor provides a little more chunkiness to the soup. The avocado is the secret to the Gazpacho so loved in our home.

Gazpacho components

Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Onion
Avocado
Garlic
Olive Oil
Vinegar (only one or two dashes)
Salt & Pepper
Hot Sauce
Basil Lemon Juice

This is my basic list. This time I put in a jalapeno and some corn. I like to add a bell pepper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment