Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pool Side Fajitas

Fajitas were on the menu for last night. The weather for yesterday also turned out to be a scorcher. The kids have been begging to stay at the pool till it closes (6:45pm), so I switched up the menu just a bit to have Fajitas pool side.

Wednesday Menu – Pool Side Fajitas
Farm Share Produce – Bell Peppers, Mariachi Peppers, Onion
Other Local Produce – Garlic

I marinated chicken strips in olive oil, lime juice, and fajita seasoning (see below for my blend) for about 2 hours. I grilled these and then stored them for the pool.

I cooked down the two types of peppers and onion with a little garlic in a skillet. I let them begin to caramelize, but also let them keep some crisp. Packed those up.

I made cheese quesadillas with whole wheat tortillas and Pepper Jack for the adults and Munster for the kids (it’s known as MONSTER cheese in our house). Packed those up.

At the pool we took a quesadilla quarter and wrapped it around chicken and peppers. Yum!

Homemade Fajita Seasoning
From my aunt who loves to cook!

2 tablespoons Cumin
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon each
garlic powder
onion powder
dry mustard
black pepper
allspice

No comments:

Post a Comment