Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week Four of 2013

We got...
 
Broccoli, Cabbage, Chioggia Beets, Cucumber, Red Russian Kale, Salad Mix, Salanova Head Lettuce, Snow Peas, Spring Onions, Swiss Chard, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Basil, Cilantro
Fruit: Strawberries
 
My ideas....
 
Broccoli and Cabbage – For the 4th of July I want to try the Cajun Slaw in this recipe.  It calls for Broccoli Slaw Mix.  I think I’ll shred both the stalk of the Broccoli and the Cabbage to mix with the dressing from the recipe.

Chioggia Beets – My husband prefers roasted beets.  I’d like to try this salad of Honey Roasted Chioggia Beets (with Mustard Greens).  I plan to use the Beet Greens as a substitute for the Mustard Greens.
 
Red Russian Kale – Keep meaning to make Kale Chips, this method from the Smitten Kitchen is the best I’ve found.
 
Snow Peas – My family always wants something “fun” for dinner on Friday night.  So, I’m hoping they think these Honey GlazedChicken Wings with Snow Peas are “fun”!
 
Swiss Chard – This Swiss Chard and Herb Tart and a Salad will make a nice summer evening dinner. 
 
Zucchini – I think we got enough for me to make this Chocolate Zucchini Bread and some Chai Zucchini Bread.
 
Basil – I had a request for Green Goddess Dressing.  I’m going to try this Vegan Green Goddess Dressing.
 
Strawberries – The strawberries came home and I was given strict instructions that they must be served with shortcakes and homemade whipped cream.  Aye, Aye!
 
 
Relevant Notes
 


If you haven’t sliced open you Chioggia Beets yet – they are the pretty, candy stripped variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment