Thursday, July 25, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Spicy Turkey and Zucchini Burger

In need of some inspiration for Zucchini, I was excited to stumble upon this recipe for Spicy Turkey and Zucchini Burgers.  It’s an interesting way to use Zucchini, beyond Zucchini Bread and Zucchini Boats. 
 
These are tasty and come together quickly.  While Spicy is in the name the amount of cayenne called for gives them a mild bite.  If you are looking for a real kick increase the amount a bit.  They are very moist.  I’ve made them twice.  The second time I added an egg to help bind them together.  It helped, but I think they might need a little bread crumb added to make them firm enough.  First time I served them without a bun and dipped them in the refreshing sauce.  Second time I served them on buns with the sauce like a traditional burger.  Delicious no matter how you serve them!
 
Wednesday Menu – Spicy Turkey and Zucchini Burger, Corn on the Cob
Farm Share Food – Zucchini, Cilantro, Corn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment