Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 9 of 2011

We got…

Broccoli, Broccoli Rabe, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green Beans, Peppers – Bell, Carmen, Jalapeno, Poblano, Potatoes, Summer Squash, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes – Beefsteak and Juliet, Zucchini, Parsley
Fruit: Peaches

My ideas…

Broccoli and some of the Peppers
These are the vegetables I would like to freeze this week.

Broccoli Rabe and some of the Tomatoes
Here is a recipe for Chicken with Broccoli Rabe, Tomatoes, and Beans. It calls for diced canned tomatoes, but I would just substitute in fresh.

Eggplant
I love spicy food and I love eggplant, I’d love to try this Sichaun Eggplant recipe.

Green Beans
Here is a link to a great article on green beans in Cooking Light. Check out all the variations, I’m not sure if we’ll have Green Beans with Toasted Garlic, Sesame Soy, Citrus-Nut, or Peppery Bacon.

Peaches
I’m thinking a cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment