Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 11 of 2011

We got…

Arugula, Bok Choi, Broccoli, Cantaloupe, Eggplant, Green Beans, Peppers – Bell, Jalapeno, Salad Mix, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes –Beefsteak, Golden Rave, Mt. Magic, Basil, Dill

Fruit: Peaches

My plans…

Arugula and some Tomatoes
I’m looking forward to making this Shrimp with Arugula and Tomatoes. I think I’ll serve it with rice.

Bok Choi
We just love this Sesame Tuna with Bok Choi. It’s pretty easy too!

Broccoli
On Splendid Table I heard this idea for cutting up the stems of broccoli and pickling them with garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. I want to give it a try and I’ll let you know how it goes.

Eggplant and some Tomatoes
I want to make this Eggplant Tomato Relish. It calls for canned tomatoes, but with all these fresh tomatoes I might think about a way to put them to use. We’ll see.

Green Beans
I think I’ll freeze these this week.

Tomatoes
This Roasted Chicken with Melted Tomatoes recipe made my mouth water while I was reading it. It uses Dill too!

No comments:

Post a Comment