Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grilled Fish with Spicy Cantaloupe-Cucumber Salad




I really do not like cantaloupe, but we got it in our CSA so I had to find something to do with it. I found this recipe with a Spicy Cantaloupe-Cucumber Salad and thought maybe spicy would make the cantaloupe something to look forward to. It was actually good. It makes me glad I didn’t just cut up the cantaloupe and make my husband eat it for breakfast.

Sunday Menu – Grilled Fish with Spicy Cantaloupe-Cucumber Salad, Cantaloupe-Yogurt Smoothie
Farm Share Food – Cucumber, Cantaloupe
Other Local Produce – Jalapeno

Grilled Fish with Spicy Cantaloupe-Cucumber Salad
From Everyday Food Volume 84

Oil (Vegetable or Olive) for grill and brushing
4 fillets of a firm fish
Salt and Pepper, to taste
½ Cucumber, thinly sliced into moons
½ Cantaloupe, seeded, peeled, thinly sliced
2 T fish sauce
2 T lime juice
1 Jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
1 t fresh ginger, minced

Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high. Oil hot grill. Pat fish dry, light brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill 10 minutes, flipping once.

In a large bowl combine cucumber, cantaloupe, fish sauce, lime juice, jalapeno, and ginger.

Serve fish with Cantaloupe-Cucumber Salad on the side.

Cantaloupe-Yogurt Smoothie
I actually enjoyed this smoothie. I think I liked the creaminess the yogurt offered. After these two recipes maybe I’m ready to give Cantaloupe another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment