Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week Four of 2012

We got...  
Chard, Cucumbers, Kale, Onions, Salad Mix, Scallions, Snow Peas, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Basil, Cilantro, Parsley
 
Fruit: Peaches
 
My plans...
 
Chard – This recipe is Grilled Pork Chops with Chard Salad, I think I’ll make just the salad.
 
Cucumbers and Onions – I think it’s time for some traditional Cucumber Salad.
 
Kale – I think I’ll take this Kale Sesame Salad to a potluck.
 
Scallions – I can’t wait to try this Sesame Rice withScallions.
 
Snow Peas – I was fresh out of ideas, but here is a list from All Recipes of their favorite Snow Peas recipes.  Let me know if you have some good ones.
 
Summer Squash – These Spicy Squash Pickles look yummy.  I also might freeze squash cubes for soups and muffins – blanch, puree, and freeze in ice cube trays.
 
Zucchini – I also can’t wait to have this Persian StuffedZucchini.
 
Herbs – they are getting a little ahead of me, think I’ll work on freezing some.

No comments:

Post a Comment